First, let all reasonable people agree 2021 didn’t happen; 2021 was only Part II of 2020. So, we are treating 2021 like Apple Treated the iPhone 9 or Microsoft treated Windows 9 — we’re just going to pretend it doesn’t exist.
However, my predictions last year (Click here to read them) were not that off target. I was spot on about three of them, and near enough to accurate on about three there that I was very pleased — well above my average of 30% accuracy.
That said . . . let’s get started with my annual exercise in ridiculousness and make ten predictions for 2022. Keep in mind as you read, these are not things I necessarily want to happen. They are things I think will happen. I have no clairvoyance and no crystal ball. I am not a prophet or the son of a prophet. I’m just making guesses (although I’d really like #7 to happen, but like tomorrow).
10. On January 6, nothing will happen. There will be no big anniversary, no big celebration, and no repeat of the insurrection. There will, though, be tons of media hype, from both the left and the right.
9. The Tennessee Titans will win the Super Bowl.
8. Al Pacino will receive the only Oscar nomination from ‘House of Gucci’, and he may win as best supporting actor.
7. By summer, a pill or oral regimen will be available which in all practicality cures COVID-19.
6. President Biden will announce after the midterm elections he is not seeking re-election.
5. Governor Greg Abbott of Texas will not win his bid to keep his current job.
4. Someone you know will own or subscribe to a self-driving car.
3. The Houston Astros will again return to the World Series, and again they will lose to a far superior National League team.
2. Inflation will continue to incrementally grow through the winter and early spring, but by summer it will begin to taper off as interest rates increase.
1. The Southern Baptist Convention, after a decade of implosion, will collapse.