I’m sitting here in a coffee shop in Edmonds, Washington waiting for my buddy to come pick me up. Tonight is the last night of “The Little Girl Waits” book tour. I am ready to get home, but being here again has reminded me of some of the things I love about the Northwest.
1. Washington State Ferries. I am sure if I had to ride one every single day a as a part of of a commute they might grow old, however, I love riding on them.
2. The Bowling Alley in Port Orchard. It is the best breakfast place anywhere on earth. The only thing missing on the menu is chorizo and eggs.
3. Portland’s weirdness. I had coffee twice, two different days, with two different kinds of people in Portland and, I have to tell ya, it was interesting being the only people in the coffee shop who wasn’t pierced.
4. Seattle. Just, Seattle. I love that city.
5. Slate. Gray. Skies. There is something oddly refreshing about the methodical, predictable, and unbending weather of the Northwest.
Of course, the people are what really make it, and I am so thankful for the wonderful souls who have helped make this a fun time for me. I look forward to any opportunity to get back up here. A part of my heart will always be on Puget Sound.