I spent the winter and spring translating the Gospel of Mark from New Testament Greek to English. Here are a few sample lines from the first six verses of Chapter 3.
- He went up again into the synagogue, where there was a man with a shriveled hand.
- They watched him closely in the synagogue, to see whether he would heal him, so that they might denounce him.
- He says to the man with the shriveled hand, “Stand in the middle.”
- He says to them, “Is it legal to do good or to do bad on the Sabbath? To save a soul or to kill it?” They kept silent.
- He looked around with anger, having been saddened by their hard hearts. He says to the man, “Stick out the hand,” and he stuck it out. His hand had been restored again.
- The Pharisees and Herodians left immediately. They conspired about how they might destroy him.
If you’re interested, CLICK RIGHT HERE to download the whole document.