I know that, so don’t point it out and indulge me.
I was wearing one of my favorite Christmas presents this week, which is a black t-shirt with LLAP on it. Of course, LLAP is short for the Vulcan greeting and salutation, “Live long and prosper.”
Somehow in the course of the day, I began to think about who I would rather have in a pinch–a Jedi or Spock?
In my honest opinion, Luke Skywalker is the greatest of the Jedi because he defeated Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, and only had about forty five minutes of training from Yoda to learn everything. There might be other, greater Vulcans than Spock, but he is the one I know the most about, and he is the only Vulcan who has the coolness factor.
Just to clarify, when I say Spock, I mean Leonard Nimoy as Spock.
So, Luke Skywalker and Spock are in a pitched battle against each other for survival. Who do you got?
I got Spock. I think if they were at odds with each other, Spock would win nine times out of ten. Here is why.
- Jedi are stupid. Their abilities make them intellectually lazy. That is the only explanation I have for why they didn’t spot Palpaltine as Sith, or why Yoda and Kenobi didn’t both go after Palpatine together, then Vader. Why divide up like that? Oh, I know, stupid.
- It might take time, but Spock would invent some kind of device that would neutralize Skywalker’s lightsaber.
- Do you think Jedi mind tricks would work on Spock. Of course not.
- Vulcans have their own paranormal mumbo jumbo going for them, which would offset some of Luke’s Jedi powers. Spock did one time mind meld with a brick, remember?
- In a world with Jedi, Spock would have a blood sample with midi-chlorians, find a way to kill them, and thus end Skywalker’s powers. He could defeat Skywalker without having to kill him.
- Spock would dodge one slash of the lightsaber, then put a Vulcan nerve pinch on Luke. Game. Set. Match.
I’m sure I missed something, but I think Spock would make quick work of the Jedi master. Now, give me some time to think about James Bond versus Harry Potter.