So #fivewordstoruinadate is trending on the Twitterverse. I’ve seen a couple come through my timeline and the funniest so far is “I’ve never watched Star Trek?” That would certainly be a game changer. Now, since I’ve been happily married to Mrs. Greenbean before the invention of the wheel, I don’t have much experience with dating anymore. That’s a good thing.
I did, however, come up with a couple of zingers–although I didn’t tweet them because as an old married man who doesn’t date I think it would be creepy. But here are mine.
Doctor says its a fungus #fivewordstoruinadate
Gotta ask the probation officer #fivewordstoruinadate
Okay, I said it had been awhile since I’ve dated. However, one thing I do know a lot about is preaching. In many ways preaching can be like being on a date–every word is closely scrutinized and can be understood differently by the hearer than what the speaker intended. So, here are some five words to ruin a sermon.
1. Now for my fifth conclusion #fivewordstoruinasermon
2. I heard it on FOXnews #fivewordstoruinasermon
3. Todays sermon will run long #fivewordstoruinasermon
4. Stop thinking and just listen #fivewordstoruinasermon
5. We don’t need no hermeneutics #fivewordstoruinasermon
6. Its all Greek to me #fivewordstoruinasermon
7. Jesus told me you should #fivewordstoruinasermon
8. Joel Osteen is the greatest #fivewordstoruinasermon
9. Here is a denominational video #fivewordstoruinasermon
10. Now, for my vacation pictures #fivewordstoruinasermon