As I gaze into the future, I see ten major developments in the year 2014. I am not saying I want all of these things to happen (except number 2, and the first part of 6, that is), but I think they will, or at least half of them. Okay, maybe one of these might actually happen.
Remember, this is for amusement and speculation only. I am neither a prophet nor the son of a prophet. These are just guesses, and they are listed in no particular order, so being #1 is not more significant than being #10.
10. Congress will pass a budget and end sequestration and government shutdowns.
9. Subterranean life will be discovered on Mars.
8. The ‘Tea Party’ wing of American politics will begin a slow but certain decline in influence.
7. William Snowden will win the Noble Peace Prize.
6. Lady Gaga will disappear, never to be heard from again. (Bonus prediction, Justin Bieber will sadly not stay retired.)
5. Pope Francis will aggressively seek real unification with Protestants in order to halt the tide of growing global secularism.
4. Egypt will revert to a monarchy.
3. Iran will detonate a nuclear bomb.
2. The Seattle Seahawks will win the Superbowl. Finally.
1. There will be a scandal involving Facebook, which will cause people to flee the social network giant.