Here it goes, some predictions for the coming year. Everyone else is doing it, so why doesn’t old Greenbean give it a shot? Disclaimer: I am neither a prophet nor the son of a prophet. I have no crystal ball. Clairvoyance is not a gift I possess or desire to possess.
1. There will be major social and political upheaval in China. The Communist Party may fall.
2. By the end of the year, Elizabeth Warren will displace Hillary Clinton as the frontrunner for the Democratic nominee for President, and will be the eventual nominee.
3. U2 will release an album and not give any of the music away for free.
4. Apple stock will plummet this year as people realize that the most innovative company on the planet is suddenly just another gadget maker.
5. The price of oil will begin to climb in the spring and will again be around $100 a barrel by December. Consequently, gas prices will also rise back to somewhere around $4.00 a gallon.
6. The NFC Championship game will be The Seattle Seahawks versus the Dallas Cowboys.
7. The San Francisco Giants will not win the World Series in 2015, because it is their year off.
8. ISIS will carry out a major 9-11ish style attack in Europe. Probably somewhere along the Mediterranean. I so hope I’m wrong on this one.
9. Comprehensive immigration reform will finally be passed in the U.S. Congress.
10. The Supreme Court of the United States will hear and decide the status of same-sex marriages, ending the odd state-by-state situation.
11. CNN will, for all intent and purposes, collapse, and Wolf Blitzer will be donated to the Smithsonian.
12. Russia will invade and annex the whole of Ukraine while the United States and Europe protest, but do nothing.
13. Sadly, and I so very much hope this doesn’t happen, I predict Miley Cyrus will die of a drug overdose or some other dangerous behavior. Sad. Very sad. She needs help–so many of them do.
I would love to know what you are predicting for 2015–be it good or ill.
crystal ball image from nativemobile.com