This is not a long blog post, but, a fun one. After I see all my church family this morning at worship the Greenbeans are handing over the keys to the house to our trusty house sitter (thanks Megan!) loading into the car and heading south. Tonight, if all goes according to plan, we will be spending the nigh this evening at the Best Western in Boise, Idaho. Here is a brief outline of the things we hope to do.
1. Arches National Park, Moab, Utah. I’ll try to post a pic or two from there.
2. Mesa Verde National Park, Mesa Verde, Colorado. I’ve always wanted to see these cliff dwellings.
3. The River Walk, San Antonio, Texas. Last year while at he lake house we went to Sea World. That as okay, but this year I just want to stroll and eat great Texmex.
4. Tombstone, Arizona–On the way home I want to drop by. I’ve been told it is kind of boring; but really, I just want to go there.
5. Chapel of the Holy Cross, Sedona, Arizona–I’ve been told this is worth the stop.
6. Rachel, Nevada. Last year we drove through Roswell and ate at a UFO shaped McDonald’s. We thought we’d complete the trek by adding Area 51 this year.
7. Multnomah Falls, Columbia River Gorge, Oregon. Although this is close to home, I’ve never been there and I am a sucker for waterfalls.
We have learned that it is never the things on vacation you expect, but the unexpected that make it truly great. Whenever we hit wi-fi, I’ll try to keep my blog updated on my impressions of how things are going.
One response to “I FEEL A LITTLE LIKE CHEVY CHASE”
[…] time putting over 8,000 miles on the Altima as well as enjoying our ancestral homeland. In a previous blog I compared myself to Chevy Chase and listed our itinerary. Now for some […]